Join the 2015 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Tournament
The Catfish Classic will kick off on March 22 and run through May 16, 2015. Purchasing and serving U.S. farm-raised domestic catfish in your operation will qualify you for a chance to reel in awards and prizes. One customer will win a grand prize tournament package–a trip for two to Amelia Island, Florida, from October 26 through October 29, 2015.
Get Hooked on American Catfish
You can count on U.S. farm-raised catfish to have the highest standards for freshness and flavor, but just as importantly, an ongoing commitment to consistent quality and product availability. The light, flaky texture and perfectly mild flavor work in most any recipe, making it easy to please your most discerning customers. This versatility allows you to benefit from multiple menu options, including classic fried fillets to catfish quesadillas.
Raised in pure, freshwater ponds, U.S. farm-raised catfish is good for families, farmers and the planet due to well-managed, sustainable farming practices. Careful adherence to quality control and scientifically formulated feed ensure that domestic catfish is always the freshest, highest quality product available.
Lure In More Customers
Enhance your menu during the Catfish Classic by serving a combination of Southern-inspired delicious side dishes such as West Creek™ traditional macaroni and cheese, corn nuggets, hushpuppies and Heritage Ovens™ biscuits (based on OpCo availability). Operator customers who purchase U.S. farm raised catfish, will receive purchase credits for the first case of the same item when purchasing specific West Creek and Heritage Ovens sides during the promotional period.
Fresh Ideas for Serving Your Catch
Are your customers hungry for more delicious catfish recipes? The Catfish Institute has a multitude of mouthwatering U.S. farm-raised catfish ideas
, from chowder to tacos, that are certain to delight your customers.
Tournament Rules: Reel in a win with Citation Pounds
The Catfish Classic tournament runs from March 22 through May 16, 2015.
Awards and Prizes for Operator Customers:
- $500 Purchasing Credits: 2 random weekly drawings will be held for customers who purchase U.S. farm-raised catfish during the promotional period.
- $500 Purchasing Credits: 6 customers will win purchasing credits. To qualify, customers must purchase the most new pounds of U.S. farm-raised catfish vs. previous 8 weeks prior to the promotion.
- $500 Purchasing Credits: 4 customers will win purchasing credits. To qualify, customers must purchase the most total pounds overall of U.S. farm-raised catfish. These winning customers will rank in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place positions.
- Grand Prize: The first place customer, who purchases the most total pounds of catfish overall during the promotion, will win a trip for two to the Amelia Island Plantation Resort in Florida. This fun-filled trip will provide an opportunity to meet operators from across the country and learn about the latest foodservice industry products and trends. While visiting this first-class resort, the winning operator customer will also enjoy great food, activities and entertainment.
* Performance Foodservice Marketing reserves the right to manage promotional tracking and reporting as deemed necessary to promote the greatest impact against sales and supplier goals. All sales must be shipped and paid in full to qualify. See all U.S. farm-raised domestic catfish SKUs in the additional documentation provided.