By Chef Lonnie Varisco, Performance Foodservice–Caro
A traditional New Orleans soup to serve during Fall and Winter, this will be a best-seller no matter what part of the country your restaurant is located in.
- 1 gal(s). oyster(s) (pureed with oyster liquor)
- 48 oz(s). Roma clam juice
- 3 cups wine, white
- 6 qt(s). West Creek cream, heavy
- 1 bunch Peak Fresh Produce celery (diced)
- 3 Peak Fresh Produce Onion(s) (diced)
- 2 boxes spinach, frozen chopped (thawed)
- 1 cup seafood seasoning
- 1 cup Herbsaint liquor
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp(s). Piancone olive oil
Saute vegetables in olive oil until translucent, add oyster liqueur and wine. Add remaining ingredients except Herbsaint and green onions. Cook for 20 minutes. Add Herbsaint and green onions. Remove from heat and cool.
Additional Notes: Jazzed up: Garnish with 2 poached oysters, a fried basil leaf, or diced onions. Also try serving in fresh bread bowls (approx. 4-5" round).