No Cook Tomato Basil Sauce
By Chef Robert Conti, Performance Foodservice - Metro NY
A refreshing, no-cook tomato and basil sauce that tastes like summer and is easy to prepare.
- 1 Piancone California Plum Tomatoes, 10 pound can(s)
- 1 Luigi All in One Ground Tomatoes, 10 pound can(s)
- 2 cups Piancone olive oil, extra virgin
- 1.5 cups garlic clove(s) (sliced lengthwise)
- 4 oz. Peak Fresh Produce basil, fresh (chopped)
- 5 tsp. salt, Kosher
- 1.5 tsp. black pepper (ground)
Coarsely crush plum tomatoes.
Add ground tomatoes to crushed plum tomatoes.
Poach garlic in olive oil until light golden in color.
Add chopped basil to garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add garlic basil olive oil mixture to tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and mix until combined.