Seafood Salad with Vinaigrette
A delicious, bright, and easy-to-make seafood salad for a spring or summer day.
- 2 lb(s). Empire’s Treasure Medium Broken Shrimp
- 3 lb(s). scallop chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Peak Fresh Produce Onion(s), Red (small dice)
- 2 Tbsp. pepper(s), red bell (small dice)
- 1 Tbsp. Contigo jalapeño pepper (seeds and ribs removed, small dice)
- 4 tomato(es), plum vine ripe (medium dice)
- 1 Tbsp. Roma capers
- 1/2 tsp. garlic clove(s) (minced)
- 5 oz. Piancone olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 oz. vinegar, red wine
- 1 lemon(s), zest from and juice of
- 3 Tbsp. Peak Fresh Produce Parsley, fresh (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. Peak Fresh Produce basil, fresh (chiffonade)
- salt, sea (to taste)
- peppercorns, black (fresh ground, to taste)
Blanche and shock shrimp and scallops in Court Bouillon. Drain well. Gently toss all ingredients and refrigerate. Adjust seasoning as necessary. Serving Suggestions:
Serve as appetizer – 3-5 oz.
Entrée Salad – 8 to 10 oz.