Prosciutto Pizza with Fresh Fig Jam
The combination of salty proscuitto, tangy blue cheese and fresh fig compote is so on trend. Plus, the recipe is hearty enough to feed a crowd, but elegant enough to feel refined.
Fresh Fig Compote
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest (grated)
- 8 fig(s), fresh (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 Cup sugar, granulated
In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, water, orange juice, and orange zest; stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the figs and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes, continue stirring to prevent scorching.
- 1 Rich's 14" Sheeted Pizza Dough
- 1 Tbsp. Piancone olive oil
- 6 oz(s). Roma prosciutto (shaved thin)
- 3 oz(s). Roma cheese, blue crumbles (can sub gorgonzola)
- 6 oz(s). Bacio Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 blades chives, fresh (chopped)
1. Thaw dough on lined sheet pans covered with plastic at room temperatures 1 hour or overnight in the cooler.
2. Stretch 14” dough piece to 16” size by pan stretching, hand stretching, or knuckle docking.
3. Place dough on pizza screen sprayed with pan release. If pan or hand stretched, dock dough before adding toppings.
4. Brush dough evenly with olive oil.
5. Spread Mozzarella cheese over entire pizza and then add the blue cheese crumbles.
6. Top with shaved Prosciutto.
7. Evenly distribute fig compote over dough in small dollops, using a teaspoon.