Instant Recall Notifications
It’s important to us that you know immediately when a product you have ordered is recalled or withdrawn. In order to keep you better informed, we recently launched Instant RecallTM, an automated food recall and withdrawal notification system. Here’s what you need to know about it:
• If you have ordered a product that has been recalled or withdrawn, our automated service will call you.
• Calls from Performance Foodservice – Instant Recall will come from 1-800-377-8801
• The call will typically tell you the name of the product being withdrawn and corresponding item codes, the reason for the withdrawal, the affected lot numbers, the size of container, the best by dates, etc. You may also receive detailed instructions on how to dispose of the product, order replacement products or receive credit for products that are affected.
• When Instant Recall calls you, it is important that you listen to the entire message. The system may continue to call you until you hear the complete message and confirm that you understand the instructions.
• If we can’t reach you by phone, we may fax you to make sure you receive the message.
Because it’s extremely important that we be able to reach you with this critical information, we want to be sure we have the correct contact information on file. Please contact your sales representative to provide your most current contact information.