- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Quickly blanch pork belly in boiling water about 1-2 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Wash peeled tomatillos in very hot water to remove sticky film, then halve and toss with 3 tbsp oil. Place on a sheet tray and roast in 425° oven until they look golden and start to collapse.
- Heat remaining oil in a large rondeau. Toss cubed pork belly and loin (keep them separate) with fajita seasoning and cumin. Slowly brown the pork belly on all sides, careful not to get too dark, then add pork loin to brown. Add onion and garlic and caramelize lightly.
- Deglaze with chicken broth, add chiles and roasted tomatillos. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add drained hominy and heat through. ***If possible, chill overnight to let flavors meld*** Add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Serve pozole in a big warm bowl, garnished with cilantro, lime wedges, radishes, and cabbage.
- 5 lbs Allegiance® Pork, Belly, cubed in 1 in. pieces
- 10 lbs Allegiance® Pork loin, strap on, cubed in 1 in. pieces
- 2 cups Brilliance® corn canola blend oil
- 5 lbs Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Yellow, diced
- 1/4 lb Roma® Chopped Garlic in Water
- 1 cup McCormick® Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Magellan® Cumin, ground
- 5 lbs Contigo® Tomatillos
- 2 gal West Creek® Broth, Chicken
- 2 27 oz cans Contigo® Diced Green Chiles, with liquid
- 1 # 10 can Hominy, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz Peak Fresh Produce® Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 ea Peak Fresh Produce® Lime(s), cut in 8 wedges each
- 1 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Radish(es), julienned
- 4 cups Peak Fresh Produce® Cabbage, Red, very finely shredded
Chef Christine Allhoff - Executive Chef - Performance Foodservice Middendorf