- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12 muffin tin with tulip cups or jumbo muffin liners.
- If using fruit, wash and dry completely if fresh, or use frozen (keep frozen).
- Sift or whisk together dry ingredients.
- Blend milk, mayo and vanilla until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk only 12-15 times until just mixed. A few little dry bits may remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop or spoon into cups until ⅔ full. Top with coarse sugar or extra chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the muffin pan immediately and cool on a rack. These will keep for 1-2 days, tightly wrapped, at room temperature. Or wrap individually and freeze for 2 months.
**Recipe provided by Pastry Chef Laney Jahkel-Parrish
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup Duke’s® Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- coarse sugar, to top