- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and zest, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, dry mustard, yellow mustard seeds, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water and a pinch of salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook for 90 seconds or until just pink. Do not overcook. Drain and shock the shrimp in ice water.
Add shrimp and the remaining ingredients to the seasoned vinegar and oil mixture. Mix in very thoroughly, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Serve with toasted baguettes.
- 2 lbs Empire’s Treasure® Shrimp, Raw, 16/20, thawed
- 2 Peak Fresh Produce® Lemon(s), divided, 1 zested and juiced, 1 sliced thin
- 1 cup West Creek® Vinegar, Apple Cider
- 2/3 cup Roma® Oil, Olive
- 1/2 tsp Roma black pepper , freshly cracked
- 1 tbsp Magellan® Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, yellow, crushed
- 1 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, grated
- 4 Roma® Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Delancey Street Deli® banana peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Delancey Street Deli® sliced jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Chives, Fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Parsley, Fresh, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce Dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Yellow, thinly julienned
Chef Katie Bulger - Division Chef, Performance Foodservice - Milwaukee