Roma® Breast of Veal
Roma® Breast of Veal
- For the tapenade add olives, capers, one garlic clove, parsley, basil, pine nuts, anchovy, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a food processor. Pulse to combine for 1-2 minutes.
- Pulse in the unfiltered extra virgin olive oil into the mixture in the food processor until combined. Reserve for service. (You will serve the tapenade at room temperature.)
- Rub some of the olive oil on the boned rolled and tied veal breast. Sprinkle with the poultry rub and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place a large roasting pan on the burners of the stove over medium high heat. Pour in the olive oil.
- Brown the veal breast on all sides in the roasting pan then remove from the pan and reserve.
- In the same pan add the onions, celery, garlic cloves, and carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring over medium heat. Pour in wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and whisk chicken base into liquid. Place thyme, bay leaves, and rosemary in liquid. Turn burners off.
- Place veal breast into this pan and cover with foil. Heat oven to 300°. Cook veal for 3-4 hours until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving and serving with olive tapenade.
- 1 ea Roma® veal breast, boned, rolled and tied, 8lbs
- 1/4 cup Magellan® poultry rub
- 1 lb Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Yellow, medium dice
- 1/2 lb Peak Fresh Produce® Carrot(s), medium dice
- 1/2 lb Peak Fresh Produce® Celery, medium dice
- 6 ea Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s)
- 1/4 cup Roma® Oil, Olive
- 2 ea Roma® Bay Leaves
- 6 sprigs ea Peak Fresh Produce® Thyme, Fresh
- 2 sprigs ea Peak Fresh Produce® Rosemary, Fresh
- 2 cups Piancone® white cooking wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ridgecrest® chicken base
- 2 cups Roma® olives green, sliced, pitted
- 3 tbsp Roma® Capers , drained and rinsed
- 3 filets ea Roma Anchovy
- 1/4 cup Magellan® pine nuts
- 1 1/2 ea Peak Fresh Produce® Lemon(s), juice and zest only
- 2 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Basil, minced
- 2 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Italian Parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Magellan® Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup Piancone® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered