- Mix crème fraiche, chopped pickle and chopped dill in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve, chilled, until crab is ready to be plated. Crack large egg into bowl and whip until smooth.
- Add ice cold seltzer water and whip until smooth.
- Sift in cake flour and mix very lightly with chopsticks.
- Some lumps are ok, and do not use a whisk. A whisk will encourage gluten development and result in a chewier coating.
- Preheat oil to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Poke holes in crab with a knife to avoid “popping” while frying.
- Lightly coat crab in flour. Shake off excess, dunk in batter and immediately fry for approximately 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon crème fraiche mixture on plate and top with crispy tempura crab.
- Garnish with baby tatsoi and a drizzle of spicy honey.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 pickle(s), Kosher dill, 60-65 ct., chopped
- 1 Nature's Best Dairy® Egg(s), large
- dill, fresh, chopped
- oil, for frying
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 cup seltzer water, ice cold
- 4 each crab(s), soft shell
- 1 tbsp honey, spicy