- Sift cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper together.
- In a mixer add eggs and sugar and mix on low. Now add onion and milk. Then add flour mixture and baking powder
- Use a #60 scoop and drop into a deep fryer set at 375 degrees using the double basket method. Cook until golden brown, drain and serve with butter.
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 lb cornmeal, (yellow)
- 8 oz flour, all-purpose
- 1 pt Nature's Best Dairy® Milk
- 8 oz Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), (minced)
- 1 tbsp Roma® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 West Creek® Egg(s), Medium
Chef Lonnie Varisco - Corporate Executive Chef, Performance Foodservice.